Do you have an interest and skills in pattern making, construction, and manufacturing techniques? At NA-KD we are passionate about fashion and our customers' experience and we are now looking for an equally passionate Garment Technician to join our team in Gothenburg.
As a Garment Technician at NA-KD, your role is crucial in ensuring the quality and fit of our products meet our high standards. You'll be responsible for measuring and testing our garments on models and mannequins, documenting the results, and updating our systems. Your attention to detail will shine as you review images, comments, and grading, making certain that our products are nothing short of excellent.
- Create measurement charts and ensure sample measurements fall within acceptable tolerance.
- Organize fit sessions and schedule fit model appointments.
- Perform sample fittings on live models and/or mannequins.
- Maintain fit and size grading in alignment with the NA-KD standard.
- Document fitting comments and capture necessary photos.
- Evaluate design quality and fabric materials, offering recommendations for any required modifications or revisions.
- Conduct risk assessments at the proto stage to ensure production quality.
- Verify that all samples and production items have achieved approved fit.
- Work within timelines to ensure on-time shipments.
- Propose quality sample workmanship and material options to uphold product excellence.
- Ensure material, workmanship quality, and stitching are safe in our products.
- Keep the sample delivery tracking system up to date.
- Take responsibility for sample prioritization and follow-up.
- Communicate fitting comments to suppliers and the Turkey Office.
- Maintain positive collaboration and communication with Buyers, Designers, Vendors, and the Turkey Office.
- Utilize relevant software tools such as Illustrator, PLM, and Excel.
- Collaborate with vendors to create technical design packs.
- Monitor customer returns and contribute to sustainable product development.
- Strive to achieve company goals in your daily work.
Your Past & Your Skills
- Minimum 2 years experience in a similar role. Experience in Jersey/Denim categories is a plus.
- Experience in pattern-making and size grading lists.
- Understanding of manufacturing, textiles, and garment construction.
- Knowledge of different workmanship, fabrics, and stitching, with the ability to communicate this to different stakeholders.
- Good knowledge of Adobe Illustrator and PLM Software.
- Flexibility and cooperative attitude.
- Ability to work efficiently in a high-paced environment.
- Strong engagement and a customer-focused mindset.
- Genuine interest in fashion trends and industry developments.
- Fluent in English, written and spoken.
What We Offer
We offer a multinational workplace where teamwork, creativity, professionalism, and soft skills are highly valued. We are an ever-changing company, always looking for new ways to improve and progress.
- Global environment
- Personal and professional development
- Freedom to add value/make a difference
- Hybrid Remote policy
- A number of voluntary benefits
Interested in learning more about NA-KD, our culture, colleagues, and benefits? Visit our career site here!
Does this sound like an opportunity for you?
To submit your application, simply click the "Apply for this job" button below. Please provide your full application in English, including your CV and responses to a few background questions. Kindly keep in mind that applications will be accepted until the 11th of December.
Application deadline: 11/12-23
Start Date: ASAP
Location: Gothenburg HQ, Sweden
Working for NA-KD is not just another step in your career. It is a leap into the unknown. A new adventure that can take you anywhere. Because just like you, we’re on a journey to bigger and better things. We are constantly evolving and improving. For you, this means that no day is the same as the one before. But also, that there will be endless opportunities to take charge of your future and build the life you want for yourself. And no matter what that looks like - we will support you along the way.
Our Commitment to Diversity
NA-KD is an equal-opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.